2012 m. gegužės 13 d., sekmadienis

Self - assessment

   When I was starting my ESP course, I didn't even imagine how it will change my attitude to it. There were a lot of activities to do, such as ESP definitions tsts. moodle tests and so on. All these things helped me to improve my english, but I'd like to analyse each of them.
   ESP definitions tests. Definitions was the part that frightened me the most. I have written just one of three and I was surprised with the results. Now I regret a little bit that I haven't written other two.
   Moodle tests. The most interesting thing about moodle tests was that after doing one by one of them, you can improve your reading skills. Sure, there were a few moments when you can't do the more one because it was too tiring and exhausting. But I think I coped with them quite well and mad as much efforts as I could.

   Online listening practice. Online listening practice was sometimes quite difficult because of the quality of sound. Sometimes I listened to the text and tried to hear what it was told, but it seemed impossible to do that. However, it helped me a lot. Now I can listen to the text fluently and now I do less mistakes not even in listening, but also in true-false matching, synonym matching and gap filling.

   Traditional listening. Traditional listening is an easier one. We listened to the text from cassettes at school, so this way of listening is more convenient. On the other hand, there was one text that I couldn't even understand what a person is talking about because of  the specificy of his talk. Moreover, sometimes it became a little bit boring to listen to long lecture through the tape. But it also helped me to improve my listening skills.
   Online exercises from Feldman's course book. Sometimes exercises from Feldman's course book seemed like some kind of tragedy because at first it was difficult to recognise the phrase or just a word or to choose correct variant. After some months it became easier to recognise and notice important things and to use knowledge in doing exercises.

   Power point presentations. The first time when I made my presentation I was quite upset because it was called as unprofessional presentation and performance. But when I did my next presentation I was very satisfied because I realised that I have already understood the specifics of doing them. So it was meaningful to me.
   Short talks. Preparing to speak short talks was the most exciting part. I liked it very much because preparation for it took not so long. Moreover, we had to talk about many topics that were not included in coursebook, so I got more knowledge. I hope so, I have improved my speaking skills, although it's still sometimes hard to talk without any preparation. It's the area where I should do advance.
   Speaking impromptu. Speaking impromptu without at least two minutes of preparation would be difficult. But it is quite easy to speak if you have some minutes to prepare. Telling opinion and making discussions is very interesting and I have also improved my skills. I didn't notice this, but when I look back, I understand my achievements.

   To conclude, ESP course gave me a lot. I improved my speaking, listening and studying skills because there were a lot of activities to do. Now I can feel, that I have learned something and I have something to say, but it is not the end. There is a big space where I have to try to improve my abilities and I expect the chance.

Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą